I just came over from macnn

welcome migrators!!! you'll find that we have a very low tolerance for flaming others around here. we like to create a safe environment for all. we are a 'family' oriented site so you'll have to put up with the occasional immaturity though. kids will be kids. a quick view of the site rules should put your mind at ease about what doesn't go on here. i'm looking forward to seeing you all around the site. :)

Welcome, all, to our friendly little forum. You've met Ed, our voice of reason and understanding. Occasionally, very rarely, you might bump into Herve, who is the voice of something else entirely. If you see a poll option marked "I am Herve, there is cheesecake in my guitar" you'll know what I'm talking about. ;-)

As for the rest of us, we seem to be a little less trigger happy with the flame throwers these days. When a troll happens to wander into our little world, we invite it in for a cuppa and discuss our love for Macs in a calm friendly way until the troll shuffles off in embaressment for us.

Lets face it: people come here because they are interested in Macs. Maybe they love 'em, maybe they hate them. But starting an argument over it is pretty pointless. Ultimately, we realise that we each have our own reasons for our preferences, and what works for us doesn't work for everyone.

Rumours don't exactly thrive here, either, but we do at least make mention of any that seem interesting. Then, there's usually ten or so responses saying "That would be interesting, lets wait and see", and the thread dies of boredom.

Welcome!

Rumours don't exactly thrive here, either, but we do at least make mention of any that seem interesting. Then, there's usually ten or so responses saying "That would be interesting, lets wait and see", and the thread dies of boredom.

unless it's discussing which chip apple will/should use next and whether os x should run on intels. in which case a new thread will be started every other week regardless of the 3 already going. eventually the oldest one will die off just as another one is started. :p

I've been hearing whisperings that Apple staff recently acquired 18 packets of potato chips from a Cupertino supermarket. There is speculation these may be used in the next generation Macs.

They also acquired a dozen bottles of soft-drink and a banner that reads "Happy Birthday". Needless to say, rumours are rife.

Originally posted by symphonix
I've been hearing whisperings that Apple staff recently acquired 18 packets of potato chips from a Cupertino supermarket. There is speculation these may be used in the next generation Macs.

They also acquired a dozen bottles of soft-drink and a banner that reads "Happy Birthday". Needless to say, rumours are rife.

Yea. Damn rumor sites. They were probablySun chips. Thanx a lot for ruining the surprise birthday party they were going to have for me .. :rolleyes:

I noticed the macnn database problems. :( .. Well - as said by the others already - here the users ages range from kid (under 13) to old (is 'over 50' old?) so that gives some guidelines of what will be ok as themes and what less liked - and gives a different taste to this place (better). But. . you'll notice the difference yourself as well. No database problems, no 'ban **hood' or '0' posts. Mh, enjoy - :p

yeah, looks like they fixed some db problems but i'm still sick of the people there

built up some friends over there in my years i put in but the was is stressing them all out into a flamefest

i kind of like a forum specifically for apple rumors! :D

This is quite a long thread eh?
i don't really like macnn, it looks too plain, not like the spiffy design here at macosx

Back