I just realized that I love PCs

AdmiralAK

Simply Daemonic
lol made you look :p
I love PCs, but I hate windows :p
Why do I love PCs ? cause I can run A LOT of OSes on them and experiment for a long long time ;)

I am an OS addict ;)

I love PCs as well. But by PC I mean Personal Computer, a category which all desktop computers fall into. :)

No, I like the x86 machines as well, because I can get a very old, cheap machine and run a nice BSD firewall with no problems. Of course, I have no need for a firewall currently, but I could do it if I needed it.

I like kilo's $50 Silicon Graphics machine with four processors (someone sold it to him for $50:eek:!)

See... made ya drool! :D

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
change the OS :p
most likely you will see a notable difference :p

is photoshop, dreamweaver, premiere and after effects available on linux? if so, i'd switch back in a second!

i used to have linux... Redhat 6.5, but since i couldn't do anything with it since i didn't have a supported net connection, i removed it...

Posting from Mozilla 1.0rc2 on RedHat 7.3. I love it! I wish I could just obliterate my Windows hard drive on this machine, but I've got too much "production" work to do on it.

Yeah, PCs are okay, but Macs are still da bomb. For instance, this mozilla browser (and Linux browsers in general) displays webpages NASTILY. YUCK.:mad: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by RacerX

Hey, so what do you have in your collection these days (and what are you missing :rolleyes: )?

To tell you the truth I have not added anything new in my collection this semester (damn classes :p)
I *tried* getting Plan 9 and Inferno working (free operating systems for x86 by Bell Labs) under VPC, but everytime I create a Plan 9 bootfloppy (virtual one), VPC doesnt recognize it and its just a mess :p

Once I am done with everything (this friday) the quest continues :D
Should be an eventful summer ;)

Admiral

Originally posted by homer
Posting from Mozilla 1.0rc2 on RedHat 7.3. I love it! I wish I could just obliterate my Windows hard drive on this machine, but I've got too much "production" work to do on it.

Yeah, PCs are okay, but Macs are still da bomb. For instance, this mozilla browser (and Linux browsers in general) displays webpages NASTILY. YUCK.:mad: :rolleyes:

Use lynx. :D

Originally posted by xoot

Use lynx. :D

You ain't kiddin', pardner. :D

If webpages were text-only or with very limited graphics, I'd be there! Whenever I make webpages (very infrequent) I try to keep them as simple as possible. I am Homer, the king of text-only webpages. :)

AdmiralAK said:
lol made you look :p
I love PCs, but I hate windows :p
Why do I love PCs ? cause I can run A LOT of OSes on them and experiment for a long long time ;)

I am an OS addict ;)

Time to make the treacherous Admiral walk the plank! :p ;)

:D

homer said:

Folks, windows is here to stay. So is unix/linux. So is apple.

Accept and embrace or be bitter and angry. It's a choice, but until the corporate world turns away from Redmond, you have no choice but to include it in your list of skill sets. you don't and you're nothing but a niche player. Just like VB programmers.

homer said:

I would have to agree with you....especially since you are running Red Hat 7.3!! :confused:

How about some Slack 10.1 on that machine running RH 7.3?? Very lean and very current, especially with a nice desktop environment like XFCE. Plus, you can have the latest version of Mozilla Firefox (1.0.2) from linuxpackages.net or download it from Mozilla's site. Renders pages fine for me. :p

Sure, it's not a Mac, but it definitely wouldn't be Windows. :p

Back