I just started a blog...any other bloggers out there?

Izzy

luv my lil' malteaser
Hey all...if you are interested, you can check out my weblog. I just published it today, hopefully I'll be able to keep up and make it something worthwhile to read.

Undisclosed Location

You can also link from My webpage

Any other people keep a weblog? If you like, you can give me your addy and I'll link your weblog from my page, it would be cool if you could do the same for me. :)

what did you use to set up the blog? ive heard about applications that let you keep more of a journal, and choose which entries to publish to a blog and which to keep to yourself. ive been interested in setting one up - and would like to know the basics. how does yours work? do you just code the html or is there a database type app behind it?
does blogspot have an app to edit your blog?

Mr. K...

I use MovableType. I installed it myself with a bit of effort (a bunch of CGIs and what-not). To add an entry, I simply visit a file called mt.cgi, enter my username and password... click on "New Entry"... type up some thoughts (no html to mess with)... hit submit... and the next time that I visit my site my entry is there.

Prior to hitting submit, you're given the option to either SAVE the file as DRAFT or publish it. One great feature is that you can later modify that particular entry, or even change its status from draft-to-published, or from published-to-draft.

Originally posted by mr. K
what did you use to set up the blog? ive heard about applications that let you keep more of a journal, and choose which entries to publish to a blog and which to keep to yourself. ive been interested in setting one up - and would like to know the basics. how does yours work? do you just code the html or is there a database type app behind it?
does blogspot have an app to edit your blog?

I use blogger (http://www.blogger.com). It couldn't be any easier to set up. Just provide the relevant info and you have your very own blog. You make new entries by logging on to the website and writing them in, sort of like you do here on the forum.

You don't really need to know any coding if you just want the basic page.

I just fiddled around with the code tonight and I've added the ability to make comments to what i've written. If you read something that sparks your interest let me know in the comments. :D

Livejournal here. :) But it's friends only; you couldn't read it even if I gave you the link, due to my nosey dad. :D

Back