I love it!!!

papaya

Registered
The new iMac is fantastic. don't know why some of you guys don't like it. for those who are picky about the looking. just think about PC!

Wow. 15" TFT , G4 2 Firewire....

the base is designed so well, very convenient!!!

it looks like a boot -- still dont like the all-in-one design but it looks like a cool computer :)

Ever seen the Pixar animation at the start of Pixar Movies (like ToyStory)?
With the little cute lamp jumping around.
It looks like the iMac:)
Maybe that's where Steve & Co got their inspiration?

It will sell. It will be succesful. It will be! I am sure.

I will order mine tomorrow. Not that I need one, I WANT one!

A second DVD-R...hmm...I think my girlfriend just got her own Mac ;) Yipiee, I have my Cube back ;)

The new iMac is fantastic. don't know why some of you guys don't like it. for those who are picky about the looking. just think about PC!

Thanks papaya i couldn´t agree with you more!:)

Ok, but think about computers from the new-user's prospective, or the average pc user:

Apple's new imac costs $1299, right?

You can get a pretty nice pc for $1299. apple had it made selling imacs at $799. Totally more bang for the buck than any $799 pc.

Now $1299 gets you a 14" screen (ug) and the ugliest thing ever.

Ok, its not that ugly.. ;-)

But from the dual-athalon-made-it-my-self-for-$500 pc user's prospective, its too expensive.

The $800 iMac was cheap, I agree, but I have trouble recommending a 15" CRT to anyone ony more. What's shipping is a far more convenient "living room computer." I have been a big fan of the computer in the living room for some time now, it makes using a computer an acceptable and social activity. It complements watching TV as you ask "where do I know that actor from?" and pull up IMDB. Had an Apple student rep as a roommate in college, and had a cube and phat panel around for a couple of weeks through that. It was a sweet living room computer, but this is ideal. Swivelly head and all.

I have two 15" monitors side by side, and that's decent screen space. I agree that the monitor is still a bit on the small side for heavy users, but that's not really the iMac's market. What $900 PC comes with a phat panel display? Apple is no longer bringing up the rear. They don't like doing that anyway. If you want a cheap computer, you don't want a mac. End of story. If you want a good computer, that's different. The iBook just became a lot cooler too.

now that the dust has settled, and i've had time to gather my thoughts, i really like it..

in fact, i LOVE it! this is one bad-ass piece of kit here, people. an 800mhz G4, superdrive equipped machine with a flat panel monitor for $1,800? that's the bomb! yesterday, that would cost you at least 3 grand.

and i think it is going to be a HUGE hit with the general public. it looks cool, and there is NOTHING like it on the market.

I bet some company will rip off the design within a few months from now, and it will suck so bad...

I also bet that MicroShaft will rip off iPhoto(pretty damn cool), in a few months too, and it will also suck bigtime compared to iPhoto(just like their other pathetic attempts at ripping off Apple ideas).

Originally posted by kilowatt
Ok, but think about computers from the new-user's prospective, or the average pc user:

Apple's new imac costs $1299, right?

You can get a pretty nice pc for $1299. apple had it made selling imacs at $799. Totally more bang for the buck than any $799 pc.

Now $1299 gets you a 14" screen (ug) and the ugliest thing ever.

Ok, its not that ugly.. ;-)

But from the dual-athalon-made-it-my-self-for-$500 pc user's prospective, its too expensive.

after all this talk, i checked out apple's site, and i have to say it looks pretty cool. besides, have the macs/apples EVER been marketed for toward "$500 build -it-yourself" buyers? i don't think so, imho, and i think it's a good thing. sure keeps the innovations and quality up.

kafene.

what the...i just placed my order for the imac...

it costs fricking 2550 euro over here, thats around 2400 dollars. 600 dollars more than in the usa...thats nasty

Originally posted by julguribye
Ever seen the Pixar animation at the start of Pixar Movies (like ToyStory)?
With the little cute lamp jumping around.
It looks like the iMac:)
Maybe that's where Steve & Co got their inspiration?

Dont forget Steve is CEO of pixar :)

Originally posted by Ralph J.
in fact, i LOVE it! this is one bad-ass piece of kit here, people. an 800mhz G4, superdrive equipped machine with a flat panel monitor for $1,800? that's the bomb! yesterday, that would cost you at least 3 grand.

In January, a system like the high-end iMac would've cost upwards of 5 grand. Wow, how far Apple has come in a year.

Also, did anyone notice that the Pro Speakers/Mouse/Keyboard are all slightly redesigned? All are white instead of black. For the mouse and speakers, that's a pretty minor change, but for the keyboard it's quite nice because it's much easier to see in the dark.

Back