I mean who really needs plug and play?!

Izzy

luv my lil' malteaser
Man I love people who make your own arguments for you. I was shootin the breeze with some guy on another message boards when he started berating Macintoshes and telling people not to touch them. I calmy gave him a laundry list of all the innovations that Macs have brought to the computer industry and the reasons why a person should buy a Mac, and then this was his reply to my statement that Macs have brought TRUE plug and play to computers. Priceless. :D

HIM:

I'm the type of person where if I buy something like a new video card, for example, and I plug it in and it works, part of me is a bit disappointed. I like a challenge sometimes. Half the fun of getting something new is savoring the moment of opening the box, blow a little dust out, checking connections - you know make a day of it. It's like on King of the Hill when the guys can stand around the car with the hood open and go "YUP" for a couple hours. It's fun. (LOL! )

ME:

ROTFLMBO...hahahahahahahahaha...dude, you are so in the computer minority, there are about 1% of users who agree with you

...that would be a funny slogan for PCs though: "Who wants to be able to plug and play?! We allow you to plug, unplug, take apart, make a day and project out of it, and work for your performance. Get a Mac if you want to plug things in and have them work. We've got just the beige box for the rest of you right here, this puppy won't ever just let you plug something in and have it work right without some blood, sweat and tears."

This is the best argument you could have given me to support why a person SHOULD buy a Mac! LOL...thank you!

-----------------

He finally gave up his bad mouthing of the Macintosh...but he gave me a lot of gems like that one, including telling me that Bill Gates is the only one keeping Apple alive to keep the Justice Dept. off of him...:rolleyes:

A days project?
I've been trying to configure BIOS to function for about a month right now.
And it's really fun, in deed, to spend 3 days installing drivers and then for no apparent reason, find something works half-decent.

Back