I need an SFTP client...

Guzz2k

Registered
Like the topic says, I need an SFTP client. Of course, I'm a cheap sonofagun, so I'm interested in freeware. I should add that I don't need anything amazing, just something to upload files to a server.

Originally posted by Guzz2k
Like the topic says, I need an SFTP client. Of course, I'm a cheap sonofagun, so I'm interested in freeware. I should add that I don't need anything amazing, just something to upload files to a server.
I believe there's a version that comes with SSH, which comes with OS X. I'm not at my computer to know if Apple included the full install of SSH. You might want to dropping into the terminal and try doing a 'man sftp' to see if anything comes up.

RBrowser is a good graphical SFTP program but it isn't free, but at $29.95 it's not that expensive either.

Of course you could always just sftp using the UNIX command line.

Originally posted by GrBear
I believe there's a version that comes with SSH, which comes with OS X.
I have confirmed that there is infact an sftp client accessible via the terminal. And it's free.. :eek:)

there is an RBrowser lite, which I use, and it seems very good to me. keep in mind that Jaguar has Finder-FTP

Try http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/

I use it all the time and it works beautifully, even with public key authentication.

Only thing you cannot do is multiple-select files for transfer although you can do a folder drag and drop.

From the website...
-
Fugu is a graphical frontend to the commandline Secure File Transfer application (SFTP). SFTP is similar to FTP, but unlike FTP, the entire session is encrypted, meaning no passwords are sent in cleartext form, and is thus much less vulnerable to third-party interception.

Fugu allows you to take advantage of SFTP's security without having to sacrifice the ease of use found in a GUI.
-

Originally posted by Guzz2k

Back