I need help booting iPartition from a disc!

FatsoForgotoso

Registered
Hello,

Due to the nature of why I'm trying to repartition my harddrive, I can't legally divulge many details, but I'm beta testing something

I had to download a program that was 30 gb in size. The problem is when I used bootcamp to put windows on my Mac, I only alotted 30 gb for that OS. Cool, so with some searching I happened upon iPartition. I buy it and follow through the steps after making a late night run for some DVD+R DL. First major problem occurs. I get thousands of "medium write errors". After tinkering and compressed air on the drive, I finally get the boot disc to burn.

Now the computer won't boot from the disc. No matter how short or long I press and hold C. You can tell the computer reads the disc but after a couple of minutes, the apple pops up, the disc gets spit out, and my Mac OS boots up.

This is very important that I repartition my windows drive with a few more bits of memory. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I either need to figure out why the iPartition made disc won't boot or find another way to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
... I buy it and follow through the steps after making a late night run for some DVD+R DL. First major problem occurs. I get thousands of "medium write errors". ...
Your computer is screaming at you that you have bad media. There is nothing that anyone here can do to convert your bad media into good media. You bought it at Walgreens or Walmart? No matter. Burnable DVD is a notoriously fickle and unreliable medium. To mitigate this issue, you can't just run-out to Walgreens and buy whatever they have in stock. You need to identify a line of burnable DVDs that work with your specific combination of burner and reader/player. You absolutely cannot assume that the media that works with one combination of burner/reader will work with a different combination. After you get a successful burn, then you must protect the burned DVD from light. Otherwise, you will have a shiny coaster faster than you can say "Jackie Robinson."

Back