I need help system restoring my laptop

osoloco

Registered
I need to restore my lap top, I have forgotten my password and I need it to run programs and since i can't remember it [its been a long time since i have used it] I need to restore it I don't care about any of the files I currently have on there all I need is some help any help would be much aprreciated.

*Boot from the Mac OS X Install CD (even if its a restore CD) like you were installing the OS and just find the Reset Password box.

you could boot into SUM - single user mode and type in passwd -i netinfo username, but I dunno if you could do it like that, lemme check... it works!

slooksterpsv said:
*Boot from the Mac OS X Install CD (even if its a restore CD) like you were installing the OS and just find the Reset Password box.

yeah I don't know what that means but I'm pretty sure i don't have it.

slooksterpsv said:
Its the one with the apple or the pound sign with the circles at each corner, its by alt/option key

sorry it didn't work...is there no other way, I would actually just prefer to system restore it seeing as there are alot of files i rather get rid of just taking space.

You need an install disc to do that. Be sure to hold down Command + S till a black background with grey text is your screen and it says to release it or it shows /root#

EDIT: Sorry, restart the computer and before the chime sounds hold down the Command + S till a black background with grey text is your screen...

slooksterpsv said:
You need an install disc to do that. Be sure to hold down Command + S till a black background with grey text is your screen and it says to release it or it shows /root#

EDIT: Sorry, restart the computer and before the chime sounds hold down the Command + S till a black background with grey text is your screen...

sorry I keep trying but it won't work..can you tell me where i can get this install disc?

Back