i problems

AppMan

Infinite Idiot
I was just diagnosed with Keratoconus. I was wondering if anyone here has expierience with it and how they treated it.

:confused:

I just googled about it (had never heard of it, as far as i remember). Seems that there are plenty of sites and info about it. How bad is yours = how much does it affect your vision, and how fast did you 'get' it? What did the doctor say (how to treat it etc)?

I had only myopia myself, but enough of it for sure - I did not see clearly my fingers, they were too far. (I had a laser surgery and now I do see them!).

I hope your KC does not limit your life and they'll be able to fix it. :)

take care

ahhh i hate giving samples...
AppMan, i hope everything turns out ok... it makes me sad when fellow users, or people i kno are not well.
:)

I never really minded blood samples too much.

After seeing how the eye-surgery procedure is done...I think I'd be too scared to do it. At least it doesn't hurt too much. *Shudder*

My psychology teacher described the time she got lazic surgery and her son went along to see if he wanted it as well. After witnessing the doctors slice and peel open her eyes, they fiddle with them, his decision not to get the surgery was rather easy to make.

After reading about KC online, I wish you all the best of luck in coping with this disease, AppMan. I hope you find some way to manage, and that you save up for text readers and the like for the computer if it comes to that.

Originally posted by AppMan
I was just diagnosed with Keratoconus. I was wondering if anyone here has expierience with it and how they treated it.

:confused:

Although, I cannot be of any help, I wish that this will not ruin your life and in general I wish that all will turn easy on your life from now and on! Keep it up! :)

Unfortunately laser surgery is not an option for me. My keratoconus hasn't advance too far yet and is only in one eye. Basically my cornea, the outer lense of your eye, is not perfectly round so everything is blurry or distorted. My only options are corneal transplants. (ewwww) and or custom "hard" contacts which may or may not help by shaping the cornea into a more rounded sphere or I can grow blind, fat and die. ;) Thanks for all your concerns.

Back