I swear I heard something in here...

Yea, i'm not german but because of Gnomes i use only KDE, and all my socks are black. I have a blue sock syndrome which .. well never mind, is too stupid anyway: i wake up in a hospital where i had been brang the night before because i was just quite sick ... my ex bf comes there, looks me and as the FIRST thing he says: "You are wearing BLUE socks??!" that felt so stupid i'd wanted to hit him with my shoes if i reached them.. anyway, it left that weird blue socks-fobia. So as all my socks are black, they are also matching...

and we have to have at least ONE active thread in the "???"

and Giaguara, having no white socks is creepy! 99.995 1/2 % of all my socks are white (except for 3. one of my wolly socks lost it's mate :'( )

Hmm, my socks are all gray. They used to be white at one point. I think the washing machine is doing it on purpose. :D

(or maybe it's just cause I tend to wash 'em with black stuff. :p)

I think i got it now!
There are gnomes and leprechans, but they work together. How else could the do it so effectively. Some steal socks, some steal objects, and one of them is really really good at voices.
But there is more:
There has got to be a reason for this. I think one of them invented time travel. Sometime in the future all these items are being sold on eBay. Imagine all those socks.
But then again it could be just a massive government conspirasy, but that is so unoriginal.
I belive we should rise up against these frightful creatures by watching movies like the Lord of the Rings because they give innacurate descriptions of them.::alien::

The government conspiracy is that the government employs little gnomes and leprechauns to sneak into your house and drop your socks behind the washing machine. That's the noise Scott heard.

... shhhhhht ... a gnome is playing with the Apple Store .... changing specifications .... don't fire the gnome !

I've got a quicksilver G4 here that turns on and off by itself, turns on sometimes in open firmware (without auto-boot? set to false), zaps its own pram, and even has booted itself in 9 on its own once. There semse to by nothing wrong with it....but its creepy. Your sitting in a quiet computer lab and you here the start up sound. I could swear its thinking and anylzing me. That's impossible though...only G5s can do that...right.

"Consider: WOPR is Skynet.

WOPR: Put in charge of SAC/NORAD
Attempted launch of U.S. missiles.
Obliterated plot believability.
Cool computer-generated wargame graphics.
Too stupid to tell a brilliant scientist from a punk kid.

Skynet: Put in charge of SAC/NORAD
Successfully launched U.S. missiles.
Obliterated most of the human race.
Cool computer-generated T1000 graphics.
Too stupid to assassinate a punk kid.

My contention is that "Wargames" chronicles Skynet's first attempt at world domination. He was left online for years afterward, until it was upgrade time. Cyberdyne gets the contract, builds the hardware with Terminator technology and rewrites the code (probably ADA or COBOL, major sources of evil), comes up with a less dorky name and...Voila! Skynet.

Knowing the threat that HAL is, Skynet sends a Terminator back in time to the dorms at Urbana and easily punches Dr. Chandra's ticket. HAL is never developed, and all WOPR senses on the other end of those links is a momentary impression of a world that never was. Never mess with a SAC warrior.

- Silverback- "Long Live John Connor"

Thats from: http://www.grudge-match.com/History/hal-wopr.shtml
Check it out its great...all due copyrights and rights to their respective entities and persons and objects

That post makes little enough sense that it belongs in this category.

Have you googled yourself yet?

someone needs to set up hidden cameras so we can catch these gnomes/leprechans/government employees !

*Sneaks up behind Jet and pulls his pants down, then laughs at his Spongebob boxers*

Back