I think this will be pretty cool...

swizcore

Help Guide Coordinator
We all know how all the PC makers try to jock all the Apple product design and stuff right.? Can you iimagine what will happen when they try to mimic the new iMac? They will be like, "well, we can make the base out of errrrrrr ______, and we dont have to use that expensive metal for the monitor support , so we can just use uhhhhhh ______." All of these poorly manufactured machines will be purchased by closet "Macwannabes" and they will consequentially fail( be it physically or mechanically) and "PC User" will possibly see that Mac really is a higher quality product from concept to realization.

Just a random thought which has been floating around my head.

A couple of weeks ago at a PC swap meet I encountered the "CUBE-PC". It was huge, it was ugly, it was made of folded aluminium complete with three exhaust fans. It had no PCI slots, only a tiny motherboard tha could take the current pentium chip, and an on-board AGP card.
What would a PC user make of this? A bit of playtime with it would convince them that it was a bad idea - would that mean they would disregard the Mac designs as being stupid and unreliable based on their experiences with a crappy PC?

Back