I thought the repair was going well...

Convert

Tech
Hey there,
Some of you will know that my Powerbook is being repaired. The apple techies have been very good, replaced the display, hey they even took the thing in themselves, instead of making me go to them to get it fixed.

They kind of made an error when I got back though.

No charger.

I gave them the charger upon request. Now I have a Powerbook with an empty battery (it came like that) and no charger. Brilliant.

They're sending the charger tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Convert,

Only missing a charger? Wow...
My Powerbook repair story... G4TiBook, the paint starting bubbling about 4 months after I bought it. Checked the usual Apple boards, everyone was buzzing about the paint peeling. So I called Apple (first time ever!), thinking it was a slam-dunk. The technician never heard of the problem, but thought sure it was something I had done, like scratched it. After running through several levels of people (and refusing their AppleCare Offer every 32.8 seconds), they thought the best thing to do was for me to send the book in, they would assess it and let me know in a couple weeks. Even sent a UPS box for it...

This was not acceptable. So I got some paint for TiPaint.com, touched it up and lived with it. 10 months into the life, my Ethernet port went out. Called Apple; again, it was my fault.. send the book in, we'll take a look at it, let you know.. you can live without your computer for 3 weeks, right? Nope... I had an Airport card installed, so I sourced a CardBus Ethernet card for emergencies and lived with it.

3 months ago, my CD/DVD drive failed.... 2 weeks ago, my Airport card failed.. this thing literally fell apart under my nose... And it almost never sees the outside of my office....

I've owned Macs since 1984 and keep buying them for one reason: they never fail and therefore, I never have to actually deal with service technicians... except that G4TiBook... what a pile of poop.... Fortunately, their aluminum PB are much, much better. But the TiBook almost lost me as a customer.. but I'm sure that would have somehow been my fault.

So, you are damn lucky to be just sans charger.. but given enough time, I'm sure Apple would probably have blamed you for losing it...

G.

Back