I tunes Scripts

heydilbert

Registered
I imported all my music to my itunes libary while not having a live internet connection. because of this most of my collection is unnamed. is there an itunes script that can find and label itunes tunes after they have been imported?

best and easiest thing might be to import it all over again while being online..
i think the the codes wich makes iTunes go online and get the cd-info is on the cd itself and not in the mp3 id-tags. therefore there is no way iTunes may know which cd's you've actually imported - they might just be random mp3's for all it knows, named track1, track2 etc..

so i don't think a script will help, but i'd love to be proven otherwise ;)

alex.

if you imported them with itunes you may be able to get the track names by selecting all the songs then selecting the get track names from the advanced menu.

I believe this works only if you imported them with itunes. If that fails try doing it album by album.

I cant believe that i didnt see that!! thanks, my itunes is now finding all the names that have annoyed the hell out of me for months!!

You could try selecting all files (Edit>Select All) and then clicking Advanced and then "Get CD Track Names" (must be online). Not sure if that will help...

riccbhard said:
You could try selecting all files (Edit>Select All) and then clicking Advanced and then "Get CD Track Names" (must be online). Not sure if that will help...

you're a genious... wish i had thought of that... ::ha::

Back