I want a new version of Safari!

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
Okay, I don't normally get into this stuff, but I want a new version of Safari. I know some are floating around on the Net, but I want an official one from Apple.

GIVE IT TO ME NOW! :)

lol me too. There's this bug where, just, every once in a while, it doesn't load the page. Try again a few seconds later, and THEN it loads the page.

Too bad we don't get nightly builds, eh? lol

yeah, whats up with safari loading a page and not displaying some graphics sometimes (then when the page is reloaded, the graphics show up)? I beleive i remember I.E. doing this alot too. Oh well, Im sure apple will take care of whatever it is:D

hey, i'm all for it!! bring me an update!!

as for the laoding graphics "bug", i think i've encountered that with every browser i've ever used. sometimes the servers don't get everything sent.

Would you like some cheese and biscuits with your whine Sir?
Would you people quit your frickin whining about tabs.

i think its called customer satisfaction, generally companies like to look into it ;)

I think the page not displayed thing is a bug. If you resize the window everything then shows up without any reloading of the page.

i've heard we are going to see another beta version when 10.2.4 comes out.

not sure when *that* is coming out though...

Okay, Safari's okay , but it needs lots of work. Too many annoyances...such as it can't do any real work through SSL pages, it just stops loading occassionally...I could go on and on...but it's Beta. Of course Chimera is beta and is much more solid.

By the way, any rumors on the Chimera program ceasing? Man, I hope not!

By the way, any rumors on the Chimera program ceasing? Man, I hope not!

It will continue. He had stated in his blog that he was basically depressed and rambling, and will be working on the next update. :D I like Safari better but I support Chimera as well. I give credit to him them taking the initative to make a NATIVE UI for the gecko engine. :)

Originally posted by BBenve
Safari V60 is soon to be released....

It is already out. I am using it just now; my first impression that it is much faster than all earlier releases.

Back