I want my Apple Mobile Phone!

Stridder44 said:
And as awesome as Apple coming out with a phone of their own would be, I can't really think of anything completly new and different they could really innovate with - then again this is Apple we're talking about :rolleyes:
I could think of a lot of things, but the technology probably isn't quite there yet (esp. with regard to battery life).

Kap

Camera:
I would look forward to a release of the second revision of iSight.

Phone:
I like the idea of the Apple-Motorola partnership because they do make the best phones with bluetooth incorporated I might add. I just don't see the desperate need for one in an already vast sea of choices.

Why would Apple have told you to close down the iclick camera post without deleting the entire post? That makes no sense.

Is this not a rumor/speculation site? This is not a liquid cooled nitrogen camera with mind controlled biopitic interpolated unltrasensitive lens technology wieghing less than a feather that can take an infinite amount of pictures with a voice navigated resolution menu with wireless firewire technology.

This is just putting 2 and 2 together. When the truth finally shows it's ugly head people don't want to believe. Just like when they proved Jesus actually wasn't a white "man" but my church said no, he was a light skinned man. Ok, so tell me how one that walks around the darn dessert for all those years and the bible doesn't once say that he stopped at the local drug store for sunscreen and doesn't get a very healthy glow or burnt to a crisp. Eastern European artisans like to paint pretty pictures of powder faced individuals. This is speculation but very few of us want to see the truth for what it is... made up BS.

mi5moav: You're referring to your thread about the iClick camera you're suggesting. If you carefully read what Ricky has written there before closing the thread, you'd contact him via Private Messaging about what he's been asking you. Other people have asked the very same question. Go there, read it again and use private messaging to contact Ricky about it.

This has _nothing_ to do with whether Jesus was a white or black man (who cares anyway, it's what he stands for that is important, whether he existed or not, whether he had long or short hair, whether he was 21 or 48 when he did or didn't say this or that thing...). This has to do with what the site is about and how you're (ab)using it. YES, this is the rumours forum, mi5moav. YES, we appreciate the occasional speculation. But if you wildly speculate and then say something like "WE KNOW", you're trying to make people believe your wild speculation is something different, namely: Facts. However: Your wild speculation is not facts, it's wild speculation. You're driving people crazy here on macosx.com with that. People react to your posts. I hope you carefully _read_ what those people write. Take it in, think about it. This (my post here) is very much a public warning to you, mi5moav. You have more than once maid a claim that was taken from almost insane assumptions and speculation and put it out as facts and news. You've even _SAID_ that you think 'news' equals 'speculation' nowadays. We (many users on this board) have told you that this is NOT the case. Again: This is a public warning to you. Stay away from posting the way you did. I don't want people to attack you in ways that are not good. But after all it's you provoking it.

I'm not really sure what Apple would gain in a mobile phone, but I'm sure there's lots I haven't thought of!

I think Apple working with Motorola could be good. This would be a nice way for Moto to make up for the 500MHz G4 debacle. ;) Now, if Apple were to purchase the Salling Clicker software, possibly add some extra features and such, though it is a quite complete app right now and bundle that with the cell phone, that may get some Mac users to jump a bit.

Then again, having Mr. Ive design another device is always a good thing. :)

kendall said:
actually, consumer report favors motorola mobile phones over any other maker. better reception, less dropped calls, less times serviced, etc.

ive owned one SE phone, a T608, for two weeks that is. went back to my 2 year old motorola v60i. build quality, interface, reception and stability were no where near that of the v60i.

other SE phones look nice, the P800-P9*0 but im not going to drop $700+.

my next phone will likely be the $250 moto v710.

I think it depends on the Country you are in and sometimes on what Airtime supplier. Here in the Uk i would say that Nokia is KING as with Vodafone the TOP Airtime supplier. I use a p900 and a Nokia 6600, both on Voda. Nokia in my opinion have the best batterys and easy to use functions. As for the Apple phone, Mmmmm, I would probably buy it if it wasnt a Motorola. :p

mi5moav said:
Why would Apple have told you to close down the iclick camera post without deleting the entire post? That makes no sense.

Is this not a rumor/speculation site? This is not a liquid cooled nitrogen camera with mind controlled biopitic interpolated unltrasensitive lens technology wieghing less than a feather that can take an infinite amount of pictures with a voice navigated resolution menu with wireless firewire technology.

This is just putting 2 and 2 together. When the truth finally shows it's ugly head people don't want to believe. Just like when they proved Jesus actually wasn't a white "man" but my church said no, he was a light skinned man. Ok, so tell me how one that walks around the darn dessert for all those years and the bible doesn't once say that he stopped at the local drug store for sunscreen and doesn't get a very healthy glow or burnt to a crisp. Eastern European artisans like to paint pretty pictures of powder faced individuals. This is speculation but very few of us want to see the truth for what it is... made up BS.

sorry! Totaly lost on this one? Can anyone explain what this post is about? ::sleepy:: Maybe it is just daft old me! But i thought this was about Apple phones???? And what if?

mi5moav abused this thread to answer Ricky's post in the iClick thread. I've requested mi5moav answer Ricky in private messages (see above). Just get back to the Apple phone idea. ;-)

Out of curiosity, what phone brand does everyone here like the best?

I had used only Nokia until the T68i Sony Ericsson and then upgraded to the T616 when that contrat ended. I've had some issues with both, but I liked the features that they offered as well.

If Apple is considering doing this, and I'm not 100% sure this would be a profitable area for them, I think they'd first have to decide on who to partner with, because it would probably be foolish of them to go in this alone.

I've had a few phones, but the Motorolas have been my favorite by far. The last two would be my top picks, i90c and i736. The Motorolas seems to take punishment much better, have better craftsmanship, and just work much better. Both Nokias I've had the displeasure of owning (2 different models, multiple #'s of each) had horrible reception, felt cheap, and broke so often it wasn't funny. The Ericsson was decent, but not a great deal IMO (too much $$$, not enough features).

Then again it's not a big deal to me right now as the current carrier I'm with only uses Motorola phones...not complaining a bit about that. <G>

If Apple chose a carrier to partner with, I'd hope it would be with either Verizon or Nextel (prefer). They're the only two who provide reliable service as far as I'm concerned.

We had the Moto i90 model phones at work and ditched them. Most of the issue was with Nextel, the provider, but when one co-worker's phone was upgraded, his performance increased.

I've had service from Nextel, Cingular, and AT&T recently and would have to say that the latter two were much better than Nextel.

Back