I want to configure my mouse.

TJ Hooker

Registered
just got a new imac, and dont like the mouse it came with, im using my old one from pc, I have two buttons on the Left and right sides that I used to use as " go back" and "go forward" buttons while I was using the internet on my old pc. is there any way to configure this mouse? i checked the settings but it dosnt have options to set the buttons on the side to.

whats my options?

thanks in advance

tom

Last edited:
You need to check if the maker of your mouse is offering software/drivers for it (Mac). If they don't I'm afraid you can't configure the buttons.

Maybe check the Preference Pane for Mice. There may be some options there.

ok i Figured this, but, today i hooked of the mac mouse and tryed to set the side buttons to the "go back" and "go forward" browser buttons but there was not any options to do that? im worried if i buy a new mouse it will not support this.

does anyone know or has any one ever set these buttons?

regards

tom

well you could write an apple script for it if you are familiar with it, thats the onliest option

sorry i just saw that you are a switcher

Apple Script is a programing language by apple, the Mighty Mouse can be configured using any script you specify, so there's an option to make a script enabling you to go forward and backward, maybe check google.

What brand mouse do you have? It's only a matter of checking the manufacturer's website to see if they have Mac OS X drivers for your mouse, which is what dadidoe recommended.

As for the Mighty Mouse, it's configurable under the Keyboard/Mouse pane in System Preferences. From there, you can configure the buttons to bind to certain commands.

Back