I want to print a catalog of fonts...

p13

Registered
I would like to print a catalog of uninstalled fonts - can someone suggest a good font utility that will allow me to do this? I've tried FontBook but it prints my installed system fonts also. I've tried a few shareware / freeware utilities also like Font Showcase, Font View, Typeset, etc... None of them had the level of control I'm looking for or the layout I want. I really don't want to have to layout all these fonts manually... Please help!

-p13

there is a script in the scripts folder of OS X. Go into applications and then scripts and look for one called Create FontSync Profile.scpt ( that wasn't the exact path by the way ) Is this what you want? Or will it help?

Thanks for your help but it doesn't seem to work. When I run the script I get an error saying "no FontSync Profile found." I'm not really sure what it's supposed to do...

-P13

Ah-hA! That seems like it might work but I keep getting a "key script error." Any idea what that is?

Thanks for all your help...

-p13

yep i got that too. I then looked at the output and deleted the font name from the applescript list that was the first un-formated line. Then re ran it.

Originally posted by twister
yep i got that too. I then looked at the output and deleted the font name from the applescript list that was the first un-formated line. Then re ran it.

I'm not sure what you mean...

When you say output do you mean the TextEdit file that the script generates?

Can you please explain further?

Thanks...

-p13

That script only prints fonts installed by Apple (at least, the last time I tried it that was the case). Search MacUpdate for font viewing utilities.

yea. once i got the error. i looked in text edit and bakersfield was the last font that was formated before the error occurred. And bakersfield bold was the first un-formated line of text. So in the script editor i removed bakersfield bold and re ran it.

Back