I would like to applaud Apple

or how about we stop making personal attacks on each other and stick to the topic at hand.

this is a warning for a couple of you guys, cmon, play nice :p

I agree that Apple has come a long way in a short time. I was getting to hate OS 9. I like the way that the iApps will all work together. For non techies like myself, that in and of itself is a godsend. Also, Safari is a great browser for being Beta and a step in the right direction. I hate IE and I really hate M$ snoopin policy. Finally, the new books are great. I only wish that I had the money for the 17 but a 12 is definitely within my budget, well at least later on in the year.

Thank Apple for giving us all an alternative to a thuggish M$.

My congrats to Apple for their MWSF!

Now, as for iWhiners around here: Quit telling Apple to make OS X.x.x for x86! Quit telling them to go x86 for hardware!

Instead concentrate on current problems (some examples following):
-Are you REALLY satisfied with Speech capabilities? I know I'm not! I cannot speak to my TiBook in greek not even to "Get my mail"...
-Do you like the fact that in some countries like mine Greece, Apple is NOT there? Of course is that Rainbow Computer company but Mac Greek fellas know that RC is a shame for the Mac platform!
-Do you like the DVD player in OS X? I personally find it at least lacking! 8x speed forward, only? No timeline to point and click so in order for my movie to jump at that point? And many other things...
-DivX? Simply sucks on the Mac!
-Games? Where is Fifa? Believe it or not, MANY people do NOT buy a Mac because of the 90% lack of PC games and not only: Where are the conversions from PS2, XBOX, et al?
-Do you actually like the fact that is DAMN hard to burn if burn at all, multisession CDs using the built-in burning capabilities of OS X?
-Do you actually like the Sharing capabilties of OS X while talking about Internet Sharing? I for one NOT!
-Airport? Big freaking deal! What good is an Airport card when you are NOT able to use it while in a Wintel wireless network because of hard to configure reasons if NOT be able to configure it at all?
-Where is the DVD-R with 9GB/19GB of disk space? I know that isn't Apple's fault really but Apple is the one that can push the big fellas to bring those sweet DVD-R disks out! I for one prefer 1x speed recording with 9GB disks instead 4x or faster speed recording with 4GB disks ONLY...
-SonyEricsson mobile what? What about Nokia and other big players with Bluetooth devices? iSync with SE only? Bah!
-Rendezvous software and hardware... Where is it? Other than iChat of course! I want iTunes Rendezvous and I want it NOW!!!

And many other things that I believe play MUCH more bigger roles in the Mac platform and not those miserable x86 technologies... Don't you get it fellas? They too, are disgusted with the x86 situation and that's why in the last couple of years they spend BIG money trying to develop whole NEW CPUs, software solutions and other stuff... Trying fellas... Trying... While Apple did it, they still trying! CPUs with less MHz but better performance while at the same time less power consumption? Are we talking about Itanium2, Opteron, et al or G4 here? Digital Age using Windows Media Center enabled hardware? Are we talking about Macs again? To me things are clear: Apple is truly innovating! Now, all they have to do is innovate some more, innovate a LOT faster while at the same time innovate cheaper! :D

Don't you guys even for a moment push Apple to x86 because the problem isn't there! Apple has the design, the imagination, the will, the guts to go where NO company can even think of let along take us there... To an easier, funnier, prettier, flashier, enjoyable computer place!

Aren't you guys get bored just by looking on a Windows XP monitor? I know they do! That's why they have all those skins in the first place! And guess what? Above all they use the Macs ones! Isn't this MORE than a compliment?

I wish I could have a cent everytime I hear a PC guy giving a WOW when he sees a Mac in action: I would be the richest man in the world and not that Gates guy :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by hulkaros
-Airport? Big freaking deal! What good is an Airport card when you are NOT able to use it while in a Wintel wireless network because of hard to configure reasons if NOT be able to configure it at all?

I've never had any problems using Windows or Linux WiFi networks at all. Have you googled for your problems? What's there to configure, btw? If - at all - you only have to know the right user/pass combination or let the WAP know your MAC address.

...compared to the ease of use with which a Mac access the wired networks of Windows systems, Airport isn't THAT automated...

Also, it isn't THAT compatible with other WiFi systems for Windows... Of course it could be said the other way around :D

And of course I'm not talking about MY problems anyways... I'm talking about Airport in general ;) And yes, I can't wait to use Airport Extreme! :D

all i know is that im waitin for my new 17inch powerbook to be delivered.... HAHAHAH he he he :) and then i can sell it to buy a toshiba satellite laptop (hahhahaha) which will be obviously much better since it will have windows xp with service pack 3 and tha latest Microsoft word. and the latest Windows Media Player :)!

Originally posted by hulkaros
-DivX? Simply sucks on the Mac!
So write your own DivX app, isn't DivX an underground standard anyway? I only hear about it in reference to illegal downloading of movies and music videos. While I'd love to say I can do it (and VersionTracker has apps for it) I have no use for it.

-Games? Where is Fifa? Believe it or not, MANY people do NOT buy a Mac because of the 90% lack of PC games and not only: Where are the conversions from PS2, XBOX, et al?
First of all, I have never heard of Fifa. Second, I have yet to find a game on the PC that I cared t have on Mac that isn't on Mac. Third, most new games I see on the latest consoles aren't even out on PC yet.

-Do you actually like the fact that is DAMN hard to burn if burn at all, multisession CDs using the built-in burning capabilities of OS X?
I have seen free apps to do this, and I have Toast, which lets me do it just fine.

-Do you actually like the Sharing capabilties of OS X while talking about Internet Sharing? I for one NOT!
Well, I haven't used it all that much, but when I did it worked great!

I have never heard about any Airport configuration problems. As far as on a Wintel network, I walked into a wirelessly-networked Wintel based building with a 500mhz iBook w/ Airport, and I went to the Airport menu, and there was the network name. I clicked it, and was immediately able to browse the internet.
-Where is the DVD-R with 9GB/19GB of disk space? I know that isn't Apple's fault really but Apple is the one that can push the big fellas to bring those sweet DVD-R disks out! I for one prefer 1x speed recording with 9GB disks instead 4x or faster speed recording with 4GB disks ONLY...
Yes, exactly, you for one. Apple is engaged in a Switch campaign, and consumers want speed. most of these consumers are not yet trying to make movies more than one hour, so 4GB is enough. Apple has to cater to consumers somewhere...

-SonyEricsson mobile what? What about Nokia and other big players with Bluetooth devices? iSync with SE only? Bah!
Ok, here's something I can totally agree with; the alliance w/ Sony is dangerous and Apple better come up with more than one company to be compatible with or will no longer lead with Bluetooth support.

-Rendezvous software and hardware... Where is it? Other than iChat of course! I want iTunes Rendezvous and I want it NOW!!!
Check Safari preferences. If you download the tiny app that makes our Apache web server Rendezvous-enabled, and turn on web sharing on any computers, you have the ability to have them automatically added to a menu in your bookmarks. Also, more is coming, I am sure. I want that iTunes update too, you know.

Don't you get it fellas? They too, are disgusted with the x86 situation and that's why in the last couple of years they spend BIG money trying to develop whole NEW CPUs, software solutions and other stuff... Trying fellas... Trying... While Apple did it, they still trying! CPUs with less MHz but better performance while at the same time less power consumption? Are we talking about Itanium2, Opteron, et al or G4 here? Digital Age using Windows Media Center enabled hardware? Are we talking about Macs again? To me things are clear: Apple is truly innovating! Now, all they have to do is innovate some more, innovate a LOT faster while at the same time innovate cheaper! :D

Don't you guys even for a moment push Apple to x86 because the problem isn't there! Apple has the design, the imagination, the will, the guts to go where NO company can even think of let along take us there... To an easier, funnier, prettier, flashier, enjoyable computer place!

Aren't you guys get bored just by looking on a Windows XP monitor? I know they do! That's why they have all those skins in the first place! And guess what? Above all they use the Macs ones! Isn't this MORE than a compliment?

I wish I could have a cent everytime I hear a PC guy giving a WOW when he sees a Mac in action: I would be the richest man in the world and not that Gates guy :D :D :D :D
And that shpeal showing why I have so much respect for you (really- don't let the arguing fool you): you really get it. You understand the vision, the dream that Apple is after. I wish every PC user (AKA potential switcher) could read what you put down here, so they could get it too.

Not a problem sheepguy42! :D

I was just trying to play here what we call the Devil's advocate or if you prefer the Dark Side's Sith Lord ;)

Anyways, those things came from people who gave Mac a serious thought and in the end they went with the Dark Side :(

I know: Too bad...

For them :D

Back