I would like to just simply delete two plist files in Ventura. How?

TuckerdogAVL

Registered
It's funny. I'm getting notices to download the new Sonoma and I can't even get Ventura to play nice yet.

The STOCKS.APP works on the iPhone an iPad. Since I migrated my MacMini to the MM2, On Sept 2 the stocks.app on the computer stopped updating.
I found these two files (see attached).

I'd like to "just simply" delete them since they are dated when the app apparently stopped working.
I have tried in vain, in numerous ways, to search for help on this. I get "how to delete files on a mac." Ah, no.
Any one help? I've also tried some combinations like command, shift, option, command, hold, spin... LOL I am pretty sure this 2 minute deletion and reboot would fix the problem.
Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 3.47.37 PM.png
And the app info (which isn't deletable either)Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 3.55.29 PM.png

When something is resisting, I use the Terminal. But be aware that hard deletion like that may "kill" your app. So you may want to save these first, or even read their content with the plutil command.

Stocks.app is an Apple system app which means they made it so you can't delete it. But those plist files should be. Check to make sure you have permission to delete items in the folder it is sitting in (from the get info window of the folder).

Stocks.app is an Apple system app which means they made it so you can't delete it. But those plist files should be. Check to make sure you have permission to delete items in the folder it is sitting in (from the get info window of the folder).
Thanks. I gave up. Have no idea how I would have to get permission as the owner of the computer. LOL I just use it on the phone. It's frozen in time on the computer, September 18

Maybe the newer version of the file has another name or location. I tend to use the Terminal for this kind of actions. And I prefer move to delete when experimenting.

Back