quake 3 640x480 same config file, both have 384mb ram
700 = 48.9 fps
600 = 20.9
the radeon kicks ass!
same config on my g4 533 geforce2mx = 59.1

I also noticed that the 700 has a fan that kicks when playing games

:D

:eek: the iBook 700 has a Radeon?! :eek: Oh Wow! thats cool!! :D

as much as i look forward to getting my Mac, for games i can never see myself touching one! i mean, fair enough, it's a laptop, and intentionally i am sure it was never considered as a gaming machine! i am not knocking anything! Simply, that my Very Much Out of Date PC Really Kicks ass in comparison!

Classic K7 900MHz
768MB SDRAM
GeForce 3

Over 100 FPS @ 1024*768*32

Can i assume all you "mac users" (LOL) have PC's, for those who are "into games" ?

NeYo

Sorry if that post seemed kinda, ummm... "bragging" or ...:confused:

Anyhow, i meant no Offense By Any of it! ;)

[edit]wish i wouldn't of posted it now, Merely causes confusion! LOL [/edit]

I have a pc too that gets 100 fps, but it is a pain in the ass to disassemble and cart around for LAN parties and stuff. My ibook is faster than my friends 1 ghz compaq laptop with s3 video, which is cool and 40+ fps totally acceptable for quake. RTCW is a little sluggish, does anyone know how to run a time demo for RTCW, I tried checkpoint demo but it gets an error when I try to run it.

Neyo, you have to remember that you're computer there is packing a GeForce 3 and 3 times the RAM ;)

Yea, the new iBooks are almost up to part with the rev.b TiBooks, which is good. I can only hope the next rev TiBooks have GeForce4Go's or whatever and the iBooks step up to 32 Radeon 7500's. That would be so nice...

thanks for "waking" me up! i did forget that 'most' laptops come with crappy Display Cards!
i liked to hear the comparison with the Compaq Laptop! Thats GOOD!

Kinda got me intrigued! Can i ask, is quake, at 40FPS almost a constant, or does it ever slip below the [dont play, its too danm slow] section (ie 30FPS) ?!

...Just Curious :D

NeYo

On my TiBook 667 playing a pretty heavy UT mod, TacOps with 512 megs of RAM the with 16 meg Radeon depending on the map I get a steady 25-40 frames a second with medium detail and dynamic lighting. The only problem is when there is a lot of gunfire the game slows down to a snails pace, but that is partly TacOps's fault, as the gun fire takes up like half the screen, which is annoying even when it's smooth.

Here's to hoping for a 64 meg card in the next TiBooks :)

TactOps blows my stinky butt farts... that game is no fun ... and it seems like its just trying to be like counter strike ... (which it failed to do ) all the fans seem to be all anti counter strike but come on the game is friggin counter strike!

I also may hate it because I'm playing it on a iMac DV 400 mhz with only 8mb of video memory and 384 megs of ram :p *sob* can't wait till i get into the air force so i can buy stuff :\ like a new computer :p

Back