iBook Battery

I read that the battery is suppsed to last 6 or so hours but mine only seems to last 3 or so. And I'm not doing anything too intense?

Spec battery life for the ibook G3 (800mhz anyway) was 5 hours. Mine seems to give me about 4:25. The way the apple rep explaned it to me was the specs were calculated with the monitor brightness to be turned down to 'off' and the computer not to be running anything. I am prolly getting about right for the compter after 11 months of ownership. Although my battery test in the terminal show to be below capacity, it seems to work fine. (wonder if I can still talk to apple about the capacity... it seems to be about 1000 or more below average (even when I just got the computer)).

Recalibrating the battery regularly, once every few weeks or a month, is suggested in the new 'Books manuals. Letting the battery go to zero, charging it full etc as described in the recalibration (check your manuals! ) can keep the battery from "forgetting" its charging capacity.

I have a g4 ibook, and my battery lasts 5 -5,5 hours... I charge it full and then drain it till it sleeps... every time I use it...you should do that too.. it will give your battery a longer life... Ahhh... and remember to set your computer to longest batterry life every time you use the battery... that should help..(or try the automatic seeting)....

I don't know if it's changed with the G4 models, but on the G3s the 12" models said around 5 hours and the 14" models said 6 hours.

Mine lasts about 3.5 to 4 hours under moderate usage. To me that's running Photoshop, InDesign, and 2 or so other apps. If all I do is run Safari and Mail, then I might see 5 hours on a charge.

Check your energy saver preferences, you can trim alot there.

3 hours !!! Well eventually that will go down to 15 minutes like my old ibook (less if using the internet). Enjoy it while it lasts ! Batteries are to expensive to replace so I just leave it plugged in now.

As with anything else (progress bars, battery life, or any other duration that a manufacturer specifies) don't ever hold to the number they give as set in stone. My powerbook laptop gets between 2 and 4 hours depending on how I use it.

:)

Back