iBook G3 battery in a PowerBook G4?

norrina

Registered
I'm probably all wet here, which is why I wanted to get some learned opinions before I even seriously considered this option...

My new PowerBook G4's battery was, lucky me, among those recently recalled. I dutifully ordered my replacement, and have set aside the old battery for return. In the meantime, I am "tethered" anytime I want to use the laptop, and if I'm not excruciatingly careful, I have a tendency to bump the power cord, which of course shuts down the computer. In addition to being incredibly annoying, I can't think it is too good for the system to keep having hard shutdowns.

So, my question is this. I have an ancient iBook G3, with a battery that admittedly won't hold more than about 15 minutes of charge, but does work. Could I use that battery in my PowerBook G4?

I haven't looked yet to see if it would even fit and line up, I figured the first hurdle was determining if it would have any negative impact on the G4's system...

I've ordered the replacement but I've still got the original battery in place.

What are the odds? There have been less than 10 instances.

I'm about at that place myself. And my boyfriend pointed out that if I am using it on my lap, chances are I would notice it overheating in plenty of time to remove the battery and shut down the computer.

Back