ibook g4 internal modem (v.92)

hazmatt

Registered
I was connected to the internet via the apple internal modem v.92 in my ibook g4 when the telephone line went down, and now that it has been restored i am unable to connect to the internet. the telephones continue to work fine through the same outlet, and other computers in the house that were not connected are still able to connect. when the telephone chord is plugged into the faulty computer, a messsage on the telephones appears saying "line in use" when the line is plugged into one of the working computers, no message appears on the phone. for some reason when the line makes contact with the faluty computer the line gets busy, making it impossible for the modem to find a dial tone (which is how the error line reads when connection is attempted) i had this problem previousy and i sent the computer back to apple and when they sent it back it worked perfectly until now. i was hoping that i could figure out how they fixed it or another solution so that i don't have to send it back again. i have seen many threads and posts with similar problems, but i have yet to see any solutions. the OS is 10.4.3
thanks, matt

p.s. when the line is plugged into the faulty computer and the message appears on the telephone, the phone's do not work. (there is only one phone line in my house) as soon as the line is unplugged from the computer the phones work again

Back