iBook G4 Screen not working

DamageXYZ39

Registered
Hello, I just recently bought a screen for my iBook G4 and it wont display anything. I've tried Pram resets, and many power cycles on the iBook but nothing will work. The weird part about it is that when the OS boots it puts its self to sleep while the lid is open. I've unplugged the power cable to the display and that fixed the sleep issue but, everything that I've tried doesn't work. If you know of any solutions, please contact me. Thanks in advanced.

Clarification: Did you install a new screen for the iBook? Or are you attaching a monitor as a new screen?

Was it working before the replacement?

Clarification: Did you install a new screen for the iBook? Or are you attaching a monitor as a new screen?

Was it working before the replacement?

Yes i got a replacement b/c the other screen it just stoped working so that's why i got the replacement.

And you are sure it was the screen that needed to be replaced? It wasn't the motherboard or the hard drive?

I say this with experience. The iBook that I was working on not only had a bad screen and video card, but the hard drive was failing as well.

And you are sure it was the screen that needed to be replaced? It wasn't the motherboard or the hard drive?

I say this with experience. The iBook that I was working on not only had a bad screen and video card, but the hard drive was failing as well.

Yes it was the screen b/c I was able to screen share it to my iMac and it worked perfectly. I was able to edit some script for a video and play some old games that I had on there.

Last edited:
So I was looking at the iBook today and realized that a capacitor is missing near the hard drive. The previous owner tried to repair it but failed to do so. I wasn't informed about it.

Attachments

• IMG_3755.jpg
    IMG_3755.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 4
That's why some people do not trust buying from a private party. This is true even with cars.

Back