Ibook G4 Smc Wireless Router Usb Printer

eggroll

Registered
I have now installed the Ghostscript Intepreter and the Samsung ML 1210 printer as instruction here: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20021120054433695&query=printing+to+router+usb+printer

I set up the printer successfully (I think) as I can now locate the printer and status is showing idle.

I launched Word for Mac and done a test print and got an error message: "Network host '192.168.2.1' is busy; will retry in 30 seconds". Can't figure out what to do next. I have spent a couple of hours trying to fix this but not successful.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Allan

That message is typical of when you haven't entered the right queue name in Printer Setup. Were you able to find the SMC's queue name in the docs?

Yep, LPT1 is the queue name. I can hear the printer activated when a print job is sent, but no printed page... i.e. the printer made some noise as if it is ready to print but it stops almost immediately...

Very confused... cheap printer? But it works very well with Windows PC's...

Thanks for your comments & assistance.

I struggled with this same problem for a long time, cobbling together various postings to this web site. I was getting the same problem: Busy, will retry in 30 seconds. Here's what worked for me: LPD (not IPP); queue name "lpt1" -- note lower case, not upper case.

Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion, it worked. Sorry it took me so long to reply; I didn't check my emails for a while... :D

Have a great day.
Allan

Yes, I hooked up my HP 6mp that is on my SMC four port router with this and some other info. essentially you use the LPD printing 192.168.2.1, then set the queue to (lower case) lpt1, then used CUPS + Gimp-Print v4.2.7 for the HP laserjet 6/m/mp settings. CUPS info: http://www.danka.de/apple-cups-en/
Thanks for the info! I just wanted to compile it in a single message so it might be easier to find again...John :-#)#

Hello,

I have received print error of "foomatic-rip has quit unexpectedly due to status 2" with a new 2.1 GHz iMac.

-SMC 2804WBPR-G 4-port wireless router with USB printer port

-hp photosmart 1215 printer

-G3 iMac with identical printer settings (also wireless) prints fine

-both iMacs with Tiger 10.4.3

-queue name "lpt1" (small case)

-LPD (not IPP)

-IP address 192.168.2.1

-I have removed and re-added printer several times

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diarad

Back