Ibook G4 Will Not Boot Past White Screen

Masamune

Registered
Hello everybody!
I've searched this problem on google for the past hour or so and have had no luck whatsoever.
I have an Ibook G4 14" and I think it's like 1.2 CPU.
A while back the Ibook stopped working and left me with a grey screen and finder icon with flash quiestion mark.
I searched the net for a solution for that and what came back was that I had a dead harddrive.
Okay fair enough, I've just replaced the drive with the working one from my Mac Mini, i repeat the WORKING drive, I know it works.
So I start up the Ibook and hear the chimes, the screen flashes black white black and then stays on white.
I have reset the PRAM and eject disk works but no other key commands, I cannot boot from installer 10.4 cd (a new one I bought, not the bundled one) , I can't go into target mode as I have no firewire and leaving it alone for a while doesn't help.
What do I do?
;o;

Did you try booting while holding down the option key to go into boot manager with installer in optical drive. Will it even go into boot manager and list either the HD as a volume and the installer as another volume or both?

No, I wasn't sure which was option key so I tried all of the key's on the bottom left hand side, nothing.

The option key pretty clearly says "option". Check to see that the keyboard is connected properly. Otherwise I'd say you may have screwed something up when replacing the HD, and there is a good amount of interaction with the logic board. So perhaps not taking proper ESD precautions could have damaged the logic board.

Back