iBook has stopped connecting to airport.

markpatterson

Registered
Hi,

I hope someone can help. We have an emac and an ibook (and a windows machine) on our network. Today the ibook software updater applied the latest security patch, and an ipod update I think. That required a reboot, and since then the airport in the top menu has been registring zero strength. I was able to get the ibook back on the web using a cable from the link-sys switch, but that's not the best solution! My wife likes to do her emails in bed.

I have rebooted the airport and the ibook, with no success.

The ibook is running the latest 10.3, the airport card is iee 802.11g, the airport base is a b.

TIA

Mark

Mark,

I'm glad its not just me !

I have exactly the same problem since applying the Security Update 008 2005 patch. I now can't connect to Airport at all even though the iBook can see that it exists. I can connect without any problems via a Pee Cee.

I don't have a solution for you yet, but after reading some posts I'm going to check whether it's something to do with the KeyChain settings. Someone else mentioned they are getting a KeyChain dialog box popup since doing the update.

If I find an answer, I'll let you know.

Paul

Thanks for your reply. It seems to be stably working now. I played with everything, Internet Access, Airport Setup, Airport Admin. When I was asked to set the password, that seemed to do it, but I tried so many things that it wasn't a scientific study.

Regards,
Mark

Mark,

Glad yours has been resolved. I tried accessing the KeyChain and this hung as well, so I guess it is something to do with the security update.

I did a re-install in the end and that seems to have cured it.

Paul

Back