iBook ports on left...

gerbick

poptart villain
the more I use my pro mouse with my lil' iBook, I find myself getting more and more upset about the fact that the ports are on the left side of the laptop. I'm right-handed. The pro-mouse has an ultrashort cord. I would like it to be on the right side, comfortably. It's not.

Is this Apple's cruel idea of a scheme to make us right-handers into left-handers!?

I know, I know... it's not a true plot, but I am a bit annoyed by it though.

Well they could have put it on the right side, but then where would the drive go? Nobody has it on the left, and I think size prevented from being on the front. I feel ur pain, but I bought a two-button optical mouse with a nice long cord, and I haven't had any real issues with going around the backside.

F-bacher

if all the cords plugged into the right side of book, you couldn't have your mouse right next to your computer. I was kinda pissed about the mouse cord length as well, but I've since gotten used to it and it's not a problem.

I think this is kind of odd.

Given the chord lenght on the mouse, I assumed that apple would include the USB extender cable that they include with desktops. Maybe you can buy that a cable like it if you are really set on using the apple pro mouse...

I don't understand why there aren't any companies producing a wireless mouse that has a direct USB modual (for example, having the usb receiving end hard, small and contured to the computer, not big and dangling beside the computer with a cord!). A wireless optical mouse made for on the go notebooks.

What do you think? Contact a manufaturer!

Better yet!!!!!.....Apple, give us a new wireless mouse, standard with built-in support on all desktops and notebooks!!!! That would be tight! No cords, no USB just wireless out of the box.

Let Apple know. Hey it might happen.:cool:

I found this annoying, too when I took my iBook on vacation over the summer. I think I ended up just using the touchpad.

I wish they'd put the ports on the Back (which is pretty much standard) and loose the snow white color (I like grey or black, like the old PowerBooks). The plastic the new iBooks have is so easy to scratch, I've got like 2 huge scratches on the back of my iBook, and the latch is broke (the new iBooks are NOT fall proof!).

I have a blueberry iBook, and its touchpad is broken... So I HAVE to use an optical mouse, that connects with the USB-port on the left side of my laptop, very anoying! Hate apple with its stupid ports (exept firewire... love firewire (ohyes: Gigawire comes out, 800mb/s! In the first part of 2002, jeah!)

senne.

Back