iBook Triumph!

kerisbf

geez o pete
It's been awhile since I posted, but perhaps a few of you remember me :)

I'm a student at Northern Michigan University, and I am typing from my new Apple iBook that the university has issued as an option to the Art and Design students. They will be mandatory next year. The university still shoves Thinkpads down the throats of the rest of the students here.

I am extremely happy with my iBook, and just having it since Monday, I have already received countless comments on how much cooler it is than the Thinkpads. I suppose it just goes to show, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, eh?

keris

Keris, that is awesome. I'm really happy for you, and share in your enthusiasm, haha. I'm a student at Western Michigan University and I love my 12.1 inch iBook. I hope to begin converting the masses again this Friday as I arrive on campus in style: iBook and iPod in tow :)

Matt

:edited to fix a typo!:eek::

an ipod is a college student's best friend. i used it so much last year... so many people made comments on it. my favorite was this:
"what's that?"
"an mp3 player"
"it's kinda big isn't it? how much does it hold? 32 mb?"
"5 gigs"
"holy @#$!"

hehe. now with the calendar and the reminders built into the ipod, i'm going to use it more than ever. oh-so-great.

Last year I got lots of comments on my Powerbook. Everyone was very impressed. Some people thaought that it was really small (compared to the Dells that everyone else has), and then I'd open it up and they'd be amazed at the huge screen. I convinced a number of my classmates to buy iBooks as well, so there will be plenty more mac users at my school this year :D

-JARinteractive

I think we 'college kids' should make a forum or thread to report on our success stories and share tips on how to convert fellow students. Haha, just kidding. But I still get a smile on my face when I talk to someone and know that they will go buy a Mac. It brings a special kind of joy to my heart.

that is totally excellent :)

makes me wish i could go back to my college days with my iBook
and iPod in tow :)

we need more converts... im sick of people or friends i know
telling me that macs sucks... or why did i get a mac?

the only thing i miss about PCs is games.. thats it :)

I don't miss gaming that much... I gave up gaming shortly before switching to mac, and I appreciate the productivity gain. The only game I play is Unreal Tournament, and that runs great on my mac.

actually before i switched to the mac, i was a big
NFS freak... i also loved diablo 2 and starcraft which
work really well for me. just wish they had a comparable
series or a port to the mac of NFS.

I've just about converted my Unix lecturer :D

He spends an hour each week helping people install stuff like ssh java and perl clients on PCs, and these are all built into Mac OS X. Plus, I showed him X-Darwin, saved a file in Gimp and pasted it into MS-Word, then some Cocoa-Java, XML and CGI, all things that are terribly hard to do with a PC.

My iBook gets lots of comments when I plug in here at the uni, and makes even the most exotic PCs look awful.

I thought i'd join in and share the joy of being a Mac user.

I am a Sound Designer by profession and recently, I have been doing location recordings WITHOUT my usual arsenal of Nagra or DAT recorder. Instead, I have in tow, a TiBook500 for location recordings. Imagine the face of the other location sound recordists when they see my unconventional setup!

They will usually walk over and ...

A: "What the hell? Recording on remote location to HDD?"
Me: "Yeah... and I can edit immediately and pass a edited copy on CD audio to the producer, get paid and go home."
B: "Can I do it on my laptop?"
Me: "Err... what laptop?"
B: "(PC Brand)"
Me: "Nope, sorry... get a Mac".
A & B :"Gee... can we have a name card from you? Will want to ask you more..."

Many people are discovering the advantages of using Macs in every industry. I am glad to be able to share as a Mac user.

Originally posted by dtmdoc
actually before i switched to the mac, i was a big
NFS freak... i also loved diablo 2 and starcraft which
work really well for me. just wish they had a comparable
series or a port to the mac of NFS.

I play Starcraft and D2 on a Mac. They have Mac versions. The funniest part is, when I bought Diablo2 Mac version, it came as a hybrid CD, with the PC version on it! I still wonder why they gave me 2 versions...

Warcraft 3 is a hybrid disc. All my PC friends hate me because I won't burn it for them. Well, Mac OS X can't natively burn hybrid CD's anyway ;)

Originally posted by Hypernate
Warcraft 3 is a hybrid disc. All my PC friends hate me because I won't burn it for them. Well, Mac OS X can't natively burn hybrid CD's anyway ;)

ha ha ha... you are so wicked! Ha ha ha...

Originally posted by Hypernate

I'm still stickin to my original story "it's just for mac". (edit)

Back