ibook wireless problem!

bwb

Registered
I am having problems with the range of my wireless connection and my ibook. I have a linksys wireless access point and i have tested the signal strength with netstubmler and a windows laptop i have with a wireless card. In my room 2 feet from the wireless access point i get -34, about 20 or less feet away at my couch i get around -55 and on my deck about 40 feet away i get -70. With my apple i am loosing the connection as i walk out my room 9 feet away. I have a new ibook with airport card, ive made sure the antenne is on good. What could explain this?
i thought it might be since im in an apartment, but if i get a good signal with the windows laptop why cant the ibook get one, i cant even surf on my couch with it?

get another card. after going though several devices for PC and Mac and can tell you that the quality control of these things is very inconsistant.

If you are lucky, range is better than excellent. My first set of linksys gear gave me 30 feet if I was lucky. Changed everything and now I can reach the house next door.

Trial and error, unfortunately.

Unfortunately, no. I suggest contacting Apple about your problem and tell them that the basestation is working well with the PC but not the iBook.

When I was adding an airport card to a Mac, I had a lot of trouble connecting the antenna properly. It's worth double checking to make sure the antenna is attached properly.

Good Luck.

i have INCREDIBLE range with the same linksys and a simple airport card on my ibook... i can go downstairs and over three apartments (all through 12" concrete walls...) the signal gets weak, but it's still there... i'm impressed...

Back