IBook won't start

sweetstillwater

Registered
I have a new ibook. It came with 9.0 and i upgraded it to 10.0. I purchased a 10.1 upgrade and loaded that. Then I loaded the 9.2 upgrade. After that whenever i started it, it would start with 9.2 insted of 10.1. I couldn't figure out what to do so I reloaded 10.1. Now I can't get my ibook to start at all. Help!!! I know I screwed up. What can I do to fix this?:(

What exactly do you mean by it doesn't start? Does it just not power-on at all or does it turn on and hang on a certain screen? Please be more specific and we can help you out.

Thanks for replying. The happy mac face comes on and the rainbow wheel turns in the upper left hand corner and then it shuts down. That's as far as it gets.:(

I'd reccomend starting off the original 10.0.x disc that came with the iBook, and when it asks you to select the volume to install tell it to reformat your HD, then install as normally. Then install your 10.1 upgrade once. This ought to work.

I agree with the previous post that you should reformat you hardrive and do a clean install of 10.0. I would just like to add, if you have problems with 9.x starting up instead of 10.1, while in 9.x, click the apple in the upper left hand corner and go to Control Panels/Startup Disk and make sure that 9.X is not selected.

That was the winning reply. I had to reformat the hard drive and restore eveything. Thanks for everything. Ibook starts and we're happy every after.

Back