iBooks Hardware great, but defects in case!

Webboy2002

Registered
Has anyone heard of anyone with defects in their iBook cases?
I have an iBook that the outside plastic has marks visible coming from the inside. I have also seen a few that have all the white coloring cracking and peeling off frim the inner coat of white color. Looks like old porcelein.

My iBook has quite the same problem, but it is limited to the region on the battery. The saddest thing in my case is that these marks appeared after I went to my local Mac dealer to ask them to repair a completely different problem. My initial problem was that when I opened my iBook, the cover made big noise like it was going to crack. It was like this since I bought it, but at first I thought it was because it was new, and I waited, hoping to see the noise disappear. But it didn't and it was even louder. So, after bringing it to the store where i bought it, I had to wait 3 weeks to learn that my case was classified as an aesthetic problem, and that they couldn't do anything. I had to call Apple, because only them could repair the noise problem. Then I talk to Apple technicians, went back to the store to get my portable, and saw the marks under the plastic. I was really shocked since they took three weeks to do any single thing, and that they even damaged the iBook I consign to them. They denied the responsibility for the damages in the plastic, and told me Apple would do the repair. Of course, when I talk again to Apple's technicians, they couldn't guarantee that the repair would be done, since it might not be covered... I hope the marks will not extend to other area than the battery, and the only thing I hope for is that Apple will send my iBook as it should be, or that the store will offer me a new battery with no damages on the plastic.

Back