iBrary

ha ha ha
It works by browsing a local book repository, a public Internet library, or a global Internet library (dunno which repository) for books or periodicals. It presently uses a format (.ibook) "that is a sort of hybrid between eBooks and Audible.com "

Uh... ebook = TEXT audible = AUDIO.
It's a visual audio book? :confused:

Although I really would like to see this.
Too bad this screenshot is a worked over version of iPhoto :(

EDIT: On second look, what I quickly dismissed for artifacts or a poorly designed interface are actualy the page corners. Oh well

Well, I like the idea, but the icon is the worst try-to-look-alike mockup I've seen in a long time :p

It could actually be a real app, but not an Apple one.

It is ugly but I could see apple using it. The world is the icon that Apple has used for the internet, using it on top of the book I can see what they would be trying to portrey. The name is definately non apple though. I wouldn't think that apple would take a play on words that far.

I don't think you can call this true or untrue just by the name. I mean, iTunes was originally going to be called iMusic.

true, although iMusic in itself sounds a little more professional than iBary. iBary seems to be a little too much of a play on words... maybe it's just an internal apple name. I guess we don't really know.

If this IS real, I suppose "iBrary" is just a codename.... and, let's be honest, isn't that freakin' clever?

Apple is said to be working on some sort of digital device that deals with text, so this could fit that scenario nicely. It's doubtful but possible.

Lots of nice ideas, at least, so even if this isn't an Apple app, it could still be cool.

The name iBrary (like the other names mentioned on the page, such as BookWorm) sounds like a codename more than anything else. Keep in mind that iCal was called WhiteRabbit and that iSync's codename is BladeRunner. Apple rarely uses final product names while a product is in development. Even documentation usually uses the product's codename.

Back