iCal error and .plist corrupted - Panther

akitanik

Registered
Hello all,
I have been using File Vault on system (10.3.9) for the past few months without any issues. A few days ago while surfing the web Safari crashed. So I relaunched it and noticed all my bookmarks were gone. I restarted the computer (powerbook 1.5 g4 with 768 of ram).

When the finder came up I noticed the dock was back to the default. So i started checking programs, and I had issues with mail (lost pop and smtp info), iCal (no info at all), Safari (defalt bookmarks), and the dock (defalt dock). I did some poking around on the forums and believe that that my
com.apple." ".plist ("insert safari, mail, iCal, dock in quotes) along with the bookmark plist somehow got corrupted. Because i did not have a backup of these files I started over. Fortunately I had synced with another computer a few months ago and was able to get an old version of my bookmarks, and a few of my calendars. I have fixed permissions, and repaired the disk with disk Utilities, and turned off file vault.

Here's the issue related to the above. When using iSync I get the following error.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 9:59 AM
Exception NSInvalidArgumentException in conduit iCal: *** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 11:17 PM
Exception NSInvalidArgumentException in conduit iCal: *** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value

Any info on any of the above issues would be greatly appreciated.

Back