iCal issues

Zammy-Sam

Desertchild
Since a system crash my ical.app refuses to run for more than maybe 10 secs after the calendar showed up. I get a crash report as you can find attached.
I moved the files com.apple.iCal.helper.plist, com.apple.iCal.AlarmScheduler.plist and the com.apple.iCal.plist out of the home/Library/Preferences folder. No help.
I also renamed the folder home/Application Support/iCal into ../iCalnew. Not even that helped me out.
On a new user-account everything works fine.
Right now I am very short on time so I don't wanna deal with a account migration. To make things worse, I am very much dependant on my events in iCal. Thank God I can use isync to retrieve the appointments on my cell phone. But this is not a very elegant way.
Would be very glad if someone could help me out of this.
Btw, am working on a tibook 1Ghz with 10.4.2.

Thanks!

Attachments

• crash-report.txt
    55 KB · Views: 1
There's also stuff in "~/Library/Application Support/iCal" - maybe if you try to get rid of _every_ instance of iCal support files (also losing, of course, any entries, but you've still got them on the phone...) you can get it back to a clean slate. If you then synch, you should have everything back in place.

Hey Fryke and thanks for your reply.
I also tried removing the iCal folder in Application Support. It didn't help. Another problem is that I can only sync the events of the next max 8 weeks..
Any idea what other file might cause all these troubles?

Hm, nope, not really... :/ Btw., there's a hint at macosxhints.com somewhere about that 8 week 'challenge'. You can go to iCal's preference file somewhere and change the number of hours or days (I forget) to a very high number to emulate infinity. Wow, that sounds good. ;) But doesn't solve your current problem, probably.

Hmpf..:(
Anyway, synching events later than 8 weeks would be quite nice too. I found an article on macosxhints.com but I wasn't able to apply it on my current platform. This might be due to the fact that the article is from november 2003, I guess.
Thanks Fryke!

Back