iCal + Mail Notification _ WTF?

Murderer909

Violent Member
Okay, iCal has the cool feature of being able ot email you automatically to notify you of an event on the calendar. Another cool thing is that many of us can email our cell phones, so if our computer is on and iCal is left open, our computer can notify us remotely - THIS IS WHY THIS FEATURE IS USEFUL. Here is the problem. Mail needs a user at the computer to authenticate the automail before it can send anything - THIS IS WHY THE FEATURE IS ACTUALLY USELESS. One could just open mail and authenticate it everyday, but thats just not easy enough. So is there a way to get mail or a mail app to automatically mail us.

THANKS. By the way, I am surprised there is no post about this already!

Can't you just get Mail to allow to decrypt the authorization to the keychain? Everytime I do a system update Mail asks me to allow access to the keychain. I never get asked to Authenticate.

youre talking about sending or checking mail normally..I am talking about an applescript from ical to mail to notify yourself of events...try it...its a pretty cool feature if you can get it to work without having to press a button...

Maybe "authenticate" isn't the right word. You have to click to acknowledge the scripted mail. Isn't there a way to configure this away? I would otherwise love that feature. As far as I can tell, iCal doesn't have to be running for the script to run.

Originally posted by Murderer909
Okay, iCal has the cool feature of being able ot email you automatically to notify you of an event on the calendar. Another cool thing is that many of us can email our cell phones, so if our computer is on and iCal is left open, our computer can notify us remotely - THIS IS WHY THIS FEATURE IS USEFUL. Here is the problem. Mail needs a user at the computer to authenticate the automail before it can send anything - THIS IS WHY THE FEATURE IS ACTUALLY USELESS. One could just open mail and authenticate it everyday, but thats just not easy enough. So is there a way to get mail or a mail app to automatically mail us.

THANKS. By the way, I am surprised there is no post about this already!

Back