iCamera?

to the iPod! That way the camera itself can be made cheaper... Maybe the iCam can have a flash memory card by default, but you can connect it to the iPod to use its internal harddrive for extra storage.

-B

martinatkinson ---

cheaper than ipod? i doubt it...

even if this is a 2.1 megapixel cam with mpeg capture that would be $399...

the rumors are saying 4 megapixels... that would at least be $799

of course those are for USB / Smartmedia cams made by Nikon, Canon, etc....... add Firewire, Hard Drive / Apple Branding ;)

and you have a 2.1 mega pixel cam coming in at $599 and a 4 mega pixel cam costing somewhere areound $899-$999

How do you figure a 2.1 megapixel camera with video capture for $399? Just a couple months ago I got a FugiFilm FinePix4700 4.32 megapixel digicam with video capture for about $300. Granted Apple will have a hard drive in thiers and FireWire, but they still could probably manage to keep the price at $399, equivilent to the iPod.

Canon PowerShot S110 Digital ELPH = $399

Nikon Coolpix 775 Digital Camera = $399

These are the two highest rated Digi 2.1 Cameras out there right now and both are $399.

Wherever you got yours from it was a good deal... but i'm just saying from my research into getting a camera (im this close to taking the plunge) this is kinda the price range that the 2.1's i was looking at were.

what do you think the cost of adding firewire and a harddrive would be?

I'd say probably $200 to slap FireWire and a 5gig compact hard drive onto a ~4 megapixel digicam like mine and they could sell it for $499, $100 more than the iPod but it would be even cooler than the iPod, well worth it.

Back