iChat/AIM problem

RGrphc2

...InSaNe...
Before iChat 3.0 in Tiger, i used to be able to sign in on my PC AIM account and put up an away message and then sign in through iChat to Message people and would not be logged off of AIM on my PC.

After I updated AIM and iChat, whenever i try to do this AIM states "you have been signed on in another location" and shuts down. Any help to fix this?

Some clients may work with this. It's intended behavior in 10.4 iChat .. afaik Adium behaves like that too. So maybe Proteus or Fire on the Mac side could allow this being signed on in 2 locations happen?

Proteus allows me to be signed in on 2 locations, darn i was hoping for an option in iChat that i could turn on or off...

googled it and found this info from macosxhints : It is tiger related. Reports say that this is fixed for 10.4.2, but, how accurate those reports are remains to be seen. when is 4.2 available?!

I haven't been able to connect with iChat, AIM or Fire. I keep getting host refused connection since installing Tiger

Yes, a Linksys. We have it for printer sharing.

What do I need to do to fix this?

I don't remember if I had used iChat or Fire after the router was installed.

But I added the ports to be forwarded, and I still can't connect. I still get Host refused connection.

i'm still trying to log on to the same aim account from different computers btw...i hope 4.2 is out soon...

I haven't. Even with 10.4.2 installed. Still gives me the host denied connection message.

Back