iChat audio in Panther

sredhead

Registered
iChat in Panther can support AV chat - but actually I would just like to use voice only to talk to family overseas - to save 'phone cost. After reading the set-up for iChat I can only find how to set up AV chat with camera - any ideas how to set up a iChat audio only link would be welcome.

sredhead said:
iChat in Panther can support AV chat - but actually I would just like to use voice only to talk to family overseas - to save 'phone cost. After reading the set-up for iChat I can only find how to set up AV chat with camera - any ideas how to set up a iChat audio only link would be welcome.

Make sure Microphone Enabled is ticked in the Audio Menu. You should have the little Telephone Icon next to everyones Buddy Icon in you Buddy List. (The buddies who have audio enabled anyway). Click on the Green Telephone Icon and Voilá, You're in a Voice Chat Session.

I haven't tried this myself, but That's how I think it works...

sredhead said:
Setting up an audio chat is very simple. Just double click a buddy. iChat now ask what kind of way to chat you would like. You can choose from:
a text chat
b audio chat
c video chat

For an audio chat you don't need to set up anything. iChat just uses your built-in microhone. The same counts for your overseas family.

lucasraggers said:
Setting up an audio chat is very simple. Just double click a buddy. iChat now ask what kind of way to chat you would like. You can choose from:
a text chat
b audio chat
c video chat

For an audio chat you don't need to set up anything. iChat just uses your built-in microhone. The same counts for your overseas family.

Thanks guys, grateful for the replies - I will give it a try.

Cheers

There really isn't any setup for iChatAV. Just open it and add your buddies if they aren't already there from an AOL/AIM list.

You can Control Click, or if you have a two button mouse, right click on a buddies name to get the different options for chat.

Back