iChat AV for Windows!

sorry, i was in class/ at school (still am)

Steve Jobs said it in the Keynote, check it out here (dutch):

[11.01] iChat AV is 500000 maal gedownload en is gebaseerd op open standaarden en zou binnenkort compatible moeten zijn met Windows

translation:

iChat AV has been downloaded for about 500.000 times and is based on open standards. It should come out for Windows soon.

oh cool.
i didnt watch the keynote.
hope there will be a streamin broadcast for it tomorrow on apple.com
that ichatAV for windows... good idea...

btw.. did he mention anythin bout panther?
thanx :)

Everything I've read suggests that he said it 'should be compatible with Windows software soon'. That's a far cry from porting the software.

I suspect he's aware of 3rd parties making products that work on Windows platform that use the same standards that will allow the two platforms to connect.

I think what Steve Jobs said is that iChat AV should soon be compatible with a Windows product. However, I seriously doubt that this means iChat will be ported . I have the feeling that AOL might add compatible video technology to its Instant Messenger. Can you all remember when iChat was launched more than a year ago. Didn't Steve Jobs say that AOL also borrowed some of Apple's innovations? I think this was one of these things where they must have decided to cooperate. AOL wouldn't have made its platform AV compatible if they weren't going to launch a similar service. And from Apple's point of view: iChat AV can only leverage its product if there is a possibility to video chat with PC users.

Plus recently the FCC lifted restrictions on AOL that stoped them from making any video conferencing software.

Back