ichat on leopard coming with msn and yahoo support??

joestriker

Registered
Does anyone know if there will be msn, icq, yahoo, etc support on ichat. I'm fed up of these third party multi chat programs. i like ichat and if they have aim support then i dont see a reason why there shouldn't be support for the others. msn on mac sucks, yahoo sucks, adium and the rest all suck.

it was a big thing that AIM let apple in.

also, Adium, i've found works a lot better than msn does on pc's. it hasn't got all the feature bloat that msn does, but it does chat a hell of a lot better.

things like tabbed chats, auto download of file transfers, a seperate transfer window, grouped messages in chats, the fully customisable buddy list, adium works very well. iw ould certainly recommend you give adium another look. i was using iChat recently, and i found that it was a lot like adium, but just wasn't good enough.

MSN Messenger 6 for Mac has been released, which is the first version that I've actually found to be usable and better than Adium. It now supports custom animated emoticons, you can make them yourself too, and it doesn't sign out on its own.

Back