iChat, why AIM?

Do you like the fact that it uses AOL messenging?

• Yeah

• Not really

• I won't use iChat

• Heck no

• Yeah

• Not really

• I won't use iChat

• Heck no

Results are only viewable after voting.
at the top it says "instant message with thinksecret"

thinksecret is the AIM name. so you DO know who you're talking to. and in a chat, i'm sure the name is next to the im

Originally posted by xaqintosh
at the top it says "instant message with thinksecret"

thinksecret is the AIM name. so you DO know who you're talking to. and in a chat, i'm sure the name is next to the im

Not according to the screenshot it isn't. Are you suggesting that this window is not in a chat?

this is a one on one chat, not a more than 2 people one. so you don't need their name repeated every time they write something.

Originally posted by xaqintosh
this is a one on one chat, not a more than 2 people one. so you don't need their name repeated every time they write something.

So then why does the bubble mode have each speaker's icons next to them? ;-)

Either way, it should be a preference. For all I know, maybe it is.

All my buddies are on AIM, and the reasons I use Fire is because it's so much more stable than AOL's client, no annoying flashing banner ads, and not too much interface, so I can have nice, small windows.

Once iChat comes out, I'll probably use that.

Also, did you guys know that if you're chatting with someone over Rendezvous, you can make it so that you can see each other typing messages? :)

Originally posted by MacLegacy

LOL, do you actually see a bubble pop out of your friend's head when he talks to you ? :p

Aww, dangit, MacLegacy stole my joke! Dang dang dang!

And... let's be honest here... most, if not the vast majority of the U.S. uses the AIM network, so it's only logical for Apple to support that system. Hopefully they'll add other systems in the future.

Right now, however, I'm using AIM for OS X... I love the fact that minimized windows use the buddy icons in the dock... very clever. I'll only use iChat if it has as many features as AOL's AIM. I actually use File Transfer and such.

Back