iChat

huck

Registered
Regardless of the version I use of iChat, I have a problem that never seems to get fixed. For some odd reason I add new people to my buddylist but they do not show up as available or anything. they appear in my buddlist fine and can even instant message me with their name being resolved. It just simply will not show their status in my buddy list. They always appear greyed out.

I am not over the limit of buddies on my buddylist. And they accounts are created as type "aim." I have repaired my permissions.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, or what they problem may be.

peace.

Could it be those are icq accounts? They are also "aim" but having the icq numbers. Once such ppl are invisible, you won't ever see them online even when you are chatting with them

Using iChat, MBHockey, is not a problem.

Yes, those people could be invisible, depending on what application they're using on their side (iChat doesn't offer this feature - yet).

fryke said:
Using iChat, MBHockey, is not a problem.

Yes, those people could be invisible, depending on what application they're using on their side (iChat doesn't offer this feature - yet).

because i was serious right?

Oh, you weren't! I really didn't realise that, I'm sorry. I thought you were trying to solve the user's problem by advertising an application. :p

my friends are using aim on the windows side. a way around my issue is to add them from aim on windows or aim for mac.

peace.

fryke said:
you can allow particular contacts to see your status which is very much like being invisible.

Back