icons being replaced by diff icons?

kramm

Registered
randomly, an icon will be replaced by another completely unrelated one. ive attached a picture of a photoshop document which has an msn icon. does this happen to anyone else? is there a way to stop it from happening? once i restart, the icons are back to normal until it decides to switch again.

thanks. :)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 6
yes I've had this problem too - I just thought it was me!! Happens with stuffit icons (the new one with the brown box) alot ie. last one to happen was Halo icon changed to the stuffit box, but can be any icons. I have absolutely no idea what it is. I've done all the basic maintainance tasks, ie repair permissions, fsck -f, sudo /etc/daily/weekly/monthly etc... I haven't tried a different user because as its so random it could be a while before it happens again. Any ideas/thoughts would be great!

I am using 10.3.2 on a G3/600 iMac 768ram 40hd

for me it happens with any icons. yeasterday all the .dmg files looked like a minimized itunes icon.

also apple-i (info) on those, choose the icon place in the window, hit delete .. that fixes them too, but it's annoying when tens of files start to look like that.

Back