Icons go distorted

sydoveton

Registered
Hey,

I have just installed OSx on to my Powerbook G3. I have performed all updates but I have a problem.

All my icons seem distorted at a certain size. E.G. on the dock bar the icons will appear correct at certain sizes but all fuzzy and distorted at others. This means I can't use the magnification tool cause when they enlarge they are unviewable.

See Screenshot Attachment

It is also the same when browsing the HD etc. It looks fine on some sizes but not others. It's also not for every icon. When some are distorted others maybe ok.

Also with OK buttons they appear ok on the first frame but when it does it's fading in and out animation it also distorts.

Any ideas. I am fairly new to all this.

Regards

Sy

Attachments

• grab.jpg
    grab.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 17
Damn. The reason I asked is 'cause I'm having the same kind of issue - see my screenshot.

If I open a picture in Quicktime, the colors are fine. In Photoshop, Preview, etc. the colors look like this. Some of the icons on the System Preferences main page are messed up, most are not. Everything in any browser is fine.

I, too have 1024x768 and millions of colors selected, running a Hitachi CM615 16" CRT on a Radeon 7000 PCI card.

Apple's knowledge base says this:
No video, shaky or wavy images, incorrect color and/or specific color background may be caused by:
loose video card, loose video cable, bad RAM, corrupt PRAM, dead backup battery on logic board, display hardware issue and/or radio/environmental interference.

They say to reseat everything (in your case, the internal display to motherboard cable), zap the PRAM, pull out DIMMs one by one....

Attachments

• screensnapz001.pdf
    62.6 KB · Views: 11
Back