Icons

voice-

Registered
Well, I have a bunch of icons for OS X, got them from Xicons a long time ago. The problem is use. In OS9, I could copy the image and paste it onto a folder. How should I do it in OS X(10.0.3)?

... you do it exactly the way you would in 9.xx ... copy and paste ... :)

if you're having trouble copying and pasting onto hard disks or the applications folder, for instance, the reason is 10.03... for some reason apple thought it would be a nice idea to make this impossible. get 10.1, though, and you'll be able to do it again, as our dearly beloved friends from cupertino have, thank god, succumbed to public pressure and made it possible again ... :)

Originally posted by Dradts
nope that won't work wit os 10.0.3!
u need 10.1 to copy and paste icons

dradts, that isn't true... i've been copying and pasting icons since the day i got 10.01 ...
there are a few limitations without 10.1 though (see my post above) :)

when i installed 10.0.3 and later 10.0.4 on my imac, there wuz never a way to copy and paste icons. Neither for the applications, system, harddisk icon, nor any other folder, document, application icon.
I first wuz able to do this after i installed 10.1

Originally posted by Dradts
when i installed 10.0.3 and later 10.0.4 on my imac, there wuz never a way to copy and paste icons. Neither for the applications, system, harddisk icon, nor any other folder, document, application icon.
I first wuz able to do this after i installed 10.1

... are you sure? that certainly is weird, as i've been doing it all the way from the beginning ... hmmm...
no need to argue, though, we can all do it now with 10.1, so let's just be happy about that!

:) :)

... just checked my screenshots folder ... here's a shot of 10.03 (build 4p13) with all sorts of custom icons just to prove it is possible...
but as i said: let's not argue, let's be happy!

:) :)

Attachments

• heikedesktop.jpg
    heikedesktop.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 20
You could always do it since 10.0.0 (.0.0.0.0!)

But there where limitations, I don't think you could change the hard drive icons too easily until 10.1.;)

hm wit my first x systems, there wuz no icon information in the info box, so how would i have been able to change the icons?
but anyways, system x <10.1 sucked, 10.1 rules, n im happy wit it :)

... thanks uoba, i was starting to think i may be having some kind of problem with a time machine or something ... *lol* :)

the hard drive icons were indeed only changeable using a hack on hitoolbox.rsrc until 10.1...
thank god (or steve) it's all a lot easier now ... :)

My fault, I didn't use Command+I, I was just used to ctrl-clicking the icons to see info. The icons work great now

Back