ICQ and Jaguar

I sure hope not! I haven't updated yet but my copy is in the mail. ICQ is my main form of communication with many people.
What version of ICQ do you have. I have dealt with many a ICQ problem in my day.

I am using the newest version 3.02 and it quits everytime i have uninstalled and reinstalled but it still dosent work.

I think I might have had the same problem as you a while ago now that I think of it. It had to do with the permissions on the files it stores your user information in. I forget where they keep it, but it's in the ICQ folder and there should be a folder named the same as your ICQ number.

You can deleted it as all your contacts should be stored on the server. Then just set ICQ up to use your ICQ number again.

That might work for you.

Originally posted by Shibby
I am using the newest version 3.02 and it quits everytime i have uninstalled and reinstalled but it still dosent work.

I don't have jaguar, but the newest version of icq (3.1Xa47 - available from versiontracker), says it has jaguar compatability.

I'm using it now, and it's perfectly fine on my system (10.1.5). When you type messages back and forth, it's on the same screen (just like on the peecee side), and a few more enhancements, that I can't remember.

It's never crashed or anything...still have my older version (3.02x)...but as soon as I got this ver, I typed in my icq #, and it had every saved message, etc...didn't lose a thing. :)

Hope this helps....

Back