iDisk, dot Mac

bopsi

Registered
Can anybody share advice how to connect to public iDisk using dot Mac name??

Thanks for sharing info

I assume you mean from a Mac and not Windows. From .Mac iDisk section...

If you're using Mac OS X version 10.3 or later, choose iDisk from the Go menu, and then choose My iDisk from the submenu. You can also create a copy of your iDisk on your computer so you can make changes to it at any time, even when you're not connected to the Internet. For more information, see the topic "Using iDisk with Mac OS X version 10.3."

If you're using a version of Mac OS X earlier than 10.3, choose iDisk from the Go menu.

If you're using Mac OS 9, choose Chooser from the Apple menu, then click AppleShare. Click the Server IP Address button, type "idisk.mac.com" in the Server Address field, then click Connect. Type your .Mac member name and password, then click Connect. Select your iDisk and click OK.

If you use Mac OS X, you can click iDisk in a Finder window toolbar. (If you don't see iDisk in the toolbar, you can choose Customize Toolbar from the Finder's View menu and add it.) You can also access your iDisk folders directly from the Save or Open dialog in any Mac OS X (but not Classic) application.

No worries. Naturally, it's easier than conecting with a peecee. I have a proxy at work so I can't get into my public folder and listen to some of my music off WinTunes

If they're on your public folder are they available via your Homepage (another dot Mac service) download page?

It would be http://homepage.mac.com/yourusername

You might have to go to www.mac.com, login, select "Homepage" and make sure you're set up for a "File Sharing" site. Note: you can only set up your dot Mac preferences at www.mac.com from a Mac. You can't do it from a Windows PC.

Anything in your Public folder should automatically appear in this "File Sharing" site.

You can also download "iDisk Utility" for WinXP on www.mac.com. You should already have the Mac version on your Mac (if not, it's a free download) and can use that to connect to any username's public folder via any Mac. The WinXP version works the same way.

Back