iDVD archiving, installation

bobbo

Panther User
I heard that iDVD now supports archiving, so you can archive a DVD proj from a Mac w/out DVD burner and bring over to one with. Is this true? If yes, then, a friend of mine got iLife and installed it on his but iDVD won't show up. Any help? Thanks

Not sure what you mean by won't show up. You should have a folder inside Applications labeled iDVD 3.

Maybe still depends on the hardware configuration, whether the iLife installer will choose to install iDVD or not. I'm not sure, but I thought it needed a G4 in order to run...

iLife installation will not install iDVD unless there is an Apple recognized DVD/CD Writer present.

Matt

You can go back in to the iLife installation and under custom install, toggle iDVD 4 and it'll install it.
And it doesn't matter if you have a dvd drive or not.

I installed iLife04 on my iBook that doesn't have a dvd burning drive. I went to the custom install and selected iDvd, but when I try to open it, it says that it cannot find the right hardware on my computer for it to run.

iDVD works fine on my 12" PowerBook and I don't have a DVD RW drive just the Combo. I think it needs a G4

Back