iDVD dosn't respond

fishmanz

Registered
I have been trying to burn a slideshow of my vacation for about a week now. When I completed my project in iMOVIE I sent it to iDVD, did all of the menu and themes etc. I went to burn and it started. After a while 1 hour or so, I checked to see how it was doing. It was on the audio encoding stage. I let it go for another hour and at that time it was on the same stage with no difference. I tried to cancel and nothing happened, so I went to force quit and it stated that iDVD wasn't responding. I have tried this several times with the same resultes. I tried to burn this before I went to bed and got the same result after 7 or 8 hours. After trying this for a couple of days I did finally get a disk to burn. It played fine but found that I wanted to make some small changes to my project. I did that and now the same problem has persisted. Any ideas? It looks like i'm not the only one with problems with iDVD.

I had the same problem with iDVD 4. With iLife 05 i was doing fine. Today it started again (that's the reason I am reading this thread).
I guess it has something to do with the audios used. If there is a mix of aif, mp3, and m4a, I think it takes longer (or never) to encode.
I am trying now to change the audio and see what happens.
I'll let you know in (I hope) a few hours.

Now I know!
As said by many contributors to these forums the problem is the processor.
With the help of the Activity Monitor I ended all unnecessary tasks. Waited for 3 hours and got it!
There was some long, long periods of time when I had the NON RESPONDING message. I did not care. I waited enough and suddenly it started "responding" again. So far the Activity Monitor shows some activity, it is OK. At a certain moment I closed the Monitor Activity to give more room to the encoding process.

I am happy that is not a bug, only a matter of memory overload.

:)

Back